Job Description for Professional Organizer Assistant
Job Title: Professional Organizer Assistant
Location: Madison, WI Metro
Job Details: This is a fast paced business and the organizer assistant must be a self-starter who is reliable, responsible and ready to take on new projects with little notice. The ideal candidate will be able to work weekdays with most client sessions between 8am-4pm Monday through Friday. Some sessions 9am-12pm on Saturdays, and evenings. This is a 10-20 hour per week temporary position with potential to become an employee.
Be part of a team to solve all levels of organizational issues for clients. Before sessions, you will have access to a client brief from the phone assessment. Upon arrival, you will develop an action plan with the Professional Organizer for the organizing session. After completing the designated tasks, you will remove trash, recyclables, and donations from the home, and complete a "Session Checklist" for the client file. You will have the opportunity to build relationships with clients in addition to organizing.
Create a professionally organized and safe space in the client's home.
Encourage continued client relationships resulting in on-going organizing work and referrals.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Participate in the planning the organizing strategy with the Professional Organizer and the client.
- Execute the organizing plan from start to finish; including on-site work and delivering donations to charity after each session.
- Responsible for monitoring quality standards, policies and procedures (as outlined by Life Organized), schedule with client during the duration of the project.
- Perform any additional tasks outlined by the Professional Organizer/Operations Manager.
- Complete the job as assigned and mail follow-up note.
- Drive sales performance for Life Organized LLC through professional and personal networking and by building relationships that generate industry/trade and existing client referrals.
- Participates in writing organizing posts on for the Life Organized LLC blog and potentially take part in social media campaigns.
- Pursue/receive training in organizing methodology, both inside and outside the company as relevant, at the company's request.
Education: High School Diploma required. Higher education with preference to coursework in: psychology, mental health, communication, education, or equivalent work experience.
- Candidate will be a self-starter with strong organizational skills and be comfortable producing detailed, visual work.
- Candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills with a high level of customer service aptitude; clear and concise speaking and communications ability, proficient at active listening, good writing skills and basic computer literacy.
- Candidate will be comfortable working with challenging clients.
- Candidate will be able to work independently while managing schedule, and requirements.
- Candidate will meet physical expectation of job; able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
- Candidate will have access to their own vehicle with a clean driving record.
Experience: Applicants who provide three (3) before and after photographs to showcase their organizing experience (can be at your home, friend, or family) will receive priority interviews.
Attributes preferred: Ability to plan/organize/direct/control; ability to deal with ambiguous/conflicting priorities or information; ability to positively influence people; verbal comprehension; problem solving; aesthetic judgement; compassion.
Please email email@example.com with your resume, references and supplemental materials or if you have any questions!