I wanted to do this in December for a couple of reasons:
- January is typically a very common time for New Year's Resolutions to purge. I wanted to show people that you can do it any time of year and make a big difference!
- Also, I thought with many of my followers and clients considering some resolutions as the new year approaches, that this might inspire them!
- Finally, I wanted to make sure to make room for the new treasures under the christmas tree!
So you want to get started, but are not sure how?
- Start by dedicating a box someplace easily accessible.
- Invite everyone in the house to participate (partner, kids, room mates.)
- You do not have to go looking for something to purge. As you go through your daily routines, just be aware of the things around you. For example, you might be making breakfast and open the utensil drawer for a tool. You look inside only to dig through a seemingly bottomless drawer full of tools you never or rarely use. Pull a couple out and throw them in your box! Viola, you completed your first purge! Another example might be while you are doing laundry, you notice that a shirt had a tear, stain, or shrunk. Send it to the box!
- Maybe you have spaces that you know need work and want to purge. Book shelf, costume jewelry, SOCKS?!? Put on your favorite CD and get sorting! Before you know it, you might just have that box filled up!
You will be so surprised at the end of the day, week, and month that you might be inspired to keep going. If you are having trouble getting started, then give me a call ;-)
As always, I would love to see and hear about your personal progress. Feel free to share here or email me and I am happy to give feedback as well as share for others!