- Organization of your things should be a priority if it is negatively affecting the quality or safety of your life.
- Organization is ongoing. You have to set aside time for maintenance.
Ok, so back to my garage… With winter coming, I jumped at the opportunity to test out Monkey Bars for our yard tool storage in the garage. The garage was in need of some maintenance before the snow flew.
- The box arrived very quickly. It was a little damaged in transit but that did not affect the product inside…this stuff is sturdy!
- The instructions were very straight forward. I also watched a video online that showed installation.
- Collect the tools! Since I was installing over the pegboard, I did not get out a level. All I really needed was a drill/driver and bits.
- Installation took only a couple of minutes.
- The bar came with more hooks than we actually needed!
- Very sturdy product! It can hold a lot more than we have on there in both quantity and weight.
- I would have chosen a different location had I realized ahead of time how far the Monkey Bar was going to stick out from the wall. This is right next to the diver's side of the car in a one car garage so every inch matters. The brackets (below), combined with the hooks are quite deep.
- One advantage to installing over the pegboard was that we are still able to hang hooks on the board and store items behind where the Monkey Bar hangs. In other words, we almost doubled our hanging storage on that 4 foot section of wall.
Overall, a great product! I have tried out other rail systems with clients that were a lot more complicated to install and did not have the variety in hooks. I am interested in trying out their bike rack system, but not until the spring since the snow was flying today!